Music Gets Me High is very active in the promotion of music as well as spreading awareness about music in India as well as abroad through music books and other resources.
The Ultimate Guide Book to the Independent Music Industry in India: Coming Soon!!!
Download Free Music Contracts.Sign up and follow the instructions in your email to download contracts:
Goethe-Institut, Music Gets Me High & Samrat B. released India’s first book on electronic music – HUB.
Released in 2010, Hub is India’s first and only anthology of electronic music – a legitimate record of everything that’s past and currently happening in terms of music, artists, events and more. The book hopes to create further awareness of Indian electronica via distribution of information, which has not been done before. The published material serves as an official statement for and about the people involved in this field and will enable cross-cultural exchange of artists and ideas.
This book includes:
1. History: A brief history of electronic music and the impact of technology on music in India (1982 to current).
2. Artist Profiles: Complete profiles of electronic bands & DJ’s, each containing detailed information about the artist, their discography and contact information. Covers 60 plus artists from India and Indians settled abroad. The book itself spans over a 1000 artists from 1982 to now.
3. Features: A collection of features to highlight and critically examine the impact of electronic music in India with respect to prevailing tastes, lifestyle, clubs and the various fringe and lesser-known facets of this rising subculture.
Examples: *Impact of music technology in India.
*Rise of the DJ
*Role of electronic music in Bollywood
*The Asian diaspora success story
4. Resources: This section of the book will be most beneficial to music industry counterparts when they want to establish a working relationship with India. It contains information and contact details of most:
*Artist Booking & Management Agencies
* Online Music sites
* Sound & equipment vendors
The book also includes a CD compilation of songs by select Indian electronica artists (around 11 tracks). For more information or to order the book please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or you can download a digital version here: