Music Gets Me High is very active in expanding the education of music business as well as spreading awareness about music in India and abroad through a certification course, workshops, music books and other resources. ———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-
Certificate in Music Business Management: At Sacac, Delhi
The business of music is a global multi-billion dollar industry with individuals creating music, working at record labels, publishing companies, and distribution companies and as managers, agents, promoters and more. The Music Business Management Certificate is specifically designed for those who wish to gain deeper insights into the music industry. This intensive course gives the students an overview of how the industry works, the various job opportunities in it and the knowledge to pursue these jobs. The course is taught by veterans and will provide first hand practical knowledge on how to make a successful career in the music industry either as an artist or as a music industry professional.
The attendees will get detailed knowledge of each specialised work-field that make up the “Music Business” in our country such as – Artist Management and Booking, Record labels and Distribution, Intellectual property, Music Publishing and Marketing and more!
This course is for any musician interested in taking his or her career seriously, for anyone wanting to work in Music or even for people currently working in music.
Music Industry Today:
Artist Management & Booking:
Record Labels & Digital Distribution:
Intellectual Property & Business Affairs:
PR & Marketing:
Live: Concerts, Festivals & Touring:
The course is taught by Ritnika Nayan of MGMH, who has a Masters in Music Business Management from University of Westminster, London and has been working in the music industry in New York, London and India for nearly 19 years. She is the owner of the music company ‘Music Gets Me High’ that is a member of Media & Entertainment Skills Council of India.
The course also features guest speakers in each field including Atul Churamani, Jehan Johar, Shatadru Sarkar, Manojna Yeluri, Subir Malik, Dev Bhatia, Keshav Dhar, Sarah Chawla, Mo Joshi and more.
The course is very affordable. Duration: 2 months, Weekend course (Saturdays and Sundays) so anyone working a full time job can also attend.
Music Business Workshops by Ritnika Nayan: WorldWide
Ritnika Nayan conducts various workshops across the world on aspects of Music Business including Artist Management, Bookings, Record release and distribution, Live Touring and PR. To book a workshop at your institute or venue please email us!
Indie 101: The Ultimate Guide Book to the Independent Music Industry in India:
Indie 101: The ultimate guide to the independent music industry in India is the definitive book on navigating and succeeding in today’s music industry.The book provides key industry insight regarding management, record deals, live touring, PR, concert and festival production and publishing applicable to new and experienced artists, artist managers, promoters and anyone keen on making music their career.This book is the first of its kind; which focuses specifically on the Indian music market and is therefore indispensable for anyone interested in music. Indie 101 features interviews from prominent music industry professionals like Vishal Dadlani, Monica Dogra, Keshav Dhar, Atul Churamani, Tim Clark, Peter Jenner and more; making this a one-stop shop for all things related to the music business in India.
“This is brilliant, what a book…the only information treasure out there” – Subir Malik (Parikrama)
“The survival guide to the music industry by Ritnika Nayan that every musician should read; a gem of a book by its youngest insider” – Achille Forler (Universal music publishing/Indian performing rights society)
“Indie 101 is thorough, insightful and informative” – Nirmika Singh (Executive Editor, Rollingstone Magazine)
Goethe-Institut, MGMH & Samrat B. released India’s first book on electronic music – HUB.
Released in 2010, Hub is India’s first and only anthology of electronic music – a legitimate record of everything that’s past and currently happening in terms of music, artists, events and more. The book hopes to create further awareness of Indian electronica via distribution of information, which has not been done before. The published material serves as an official statement for and about the people involved in this field and will enable cross-cultural exchange of artists and ideas.
This book includes:
1. History: A brief history of electronic music and the impact of technology on music in India (1982 to current).
2. Artist Profiles: Complete profiles of electronic bands & DJ’s, each containing detailed information about the artist, their discography and contact information. Covers 60 plus artists from India and Indians settled abroad. The book itself spans over a 1000 artists from 1982 to now.
3. Features: A collection of features like Impact of music technology in India, Role of electronic music in Bollywood, The Asian diaspora success story and more to highlight and critically examine the impact of electronic music in India with respect to prevailing tastes, lifestyle, clubs and the various fringe and lesser-known facets of this rising subculture.
4. Resources: This section of the book will be most beneficial to music industry counterparts when they want to establish a working relationship with India. It contains information and contact details of most like Artist Booking & Management Agencies, Venues, Online Music sites and Sound & equipment vendors
5. CD: The book also includes a CD compilation of songs by select Indian electronica artists (around 11 tracks). You can download a digital version here: